Sunday, September 2, 2012

Summer Volleyball


As with most of my summers (and winters for that matter), Volleyball is my favorite past time. Earlier this summer I got to play in a 5ths Tournament. For this tourney the entrance fee is a 5th of Alcohol and then it's lottery style quads all day with and individual +/- score. The top score gets to choose the 1st fifth and so on.... I scored +6 this year and was in the top 10! 

Later this summer was the annual Spike and Dig weekend – first weekend in August (like usual)! (http://www.spikeanddig.com/). My team “I’d Hit That” was signed up for C league. We had a great Tent set up aptly named Tentropolis, which led to new friends and great times. We played well and made it to the C league consolation bracket finals. Sadly we lost, but all in all, not too shabby for playing with 3 newbies!

The very next weekend, well actually Thursday before the weekend, I left in my carpool for Seasiiiiide! Seaside, OR hosts a tournament every year. (http://www.seasidebeachvolleyball.com/) This would be my first time in an actual sponsored doubles beach volleyball tournament. I also was set up in to play in a quads division too. My partner Billy and I were signed up for Co-ed novice level. Billy is a lot like me in that after receiving a bachelors degree, he went for a massage therapy certification for his LMP, and then a Master’s in Counseling, and then recently embarked on his JD at Gonzaga Law School!!! So between my 3 bachelors, 1 master’s and my in progress MD, we were aptly named “TEAM OVER EDUCATED!” Seaside was a great weekend with friends and an even better weekend for volleyball. Doubles faired better than quads but we are all ready for a rematch next year!!









No comments:

Post a Comment