On
July 19, I left on a road trip for So cal. My car was loaded with stuff, pups,
and Kindra (my boyfriend’s little sister!) I had room in the car, wanted the company, and
once I heard she had NEVER been to Disneyland! had an inn n out burger, swam in
the pacific, etc. I knew she had to come
with me!
![]() |
| Kindra's first InnOut! |
Getting
in to my parent’s home late Friday night, Kindra woke up Saturday sick, picked
up a bug earlier that week at cheer camp. :( After letting her rest a day, my
parents took her on a sailboat birthday cruise from Santa Monica Harbor. Her 17th
birthday was celebrated with the Newton’s in true So Cal style!
| Yoga in the harbor?! |
Monday came
bright and early as we headed out to take Kindra’s Disneyland virginity. We
arrived as the gates opened and began our adventure filled day. Kindra braved
most of the mountains (Matterhorn, space mountain, and big thunder mountain!)
as well as hunted down Tinkerbelle for pics and autographs. She experienced the
Tiki Room and parades and more. All in all, it was a great day!
The following day, Kindra and I relaxed at
Newport Beach with 80+ degree weather, clear fairly warm water, and tasty
snacks.
Wednesday came for another take at Disneyland, CA adventure style. Here
Kindra braved the rollercoasters, long lines in Cars land, and more. We even
stayed for World of Color, which had changed since I saw it last and been
updated to include Brave.
Thursday came, and Kindra and I were exhausted. She
spent the afternoon shopping in so cal while I visited with my HS friend Nikki,
her baby girl Brookie, and her Prego belly Dalton. Finish the day off with
Dad’s carne asada, home grown avocados, peppers, cilantro, and home made tortilla
chips! BEAUTIFUL! Friday Kindra was homesick so we decided to head back early.
Once
returned to Spokane, I had to take my car in to Ford because it was overheating
on the roadtrip. So Ford Car take #2. Not quite 2.5 weeks after the first visit
(where everything was A-ok!) and NOW I was told that EVERY hose in my car was
cracked and leaking, that I was leaking antifreeze and this would fix
EVERYTHING. After a run around and issues later… my dad called and had it all
fixed. SWEET! Back in the Kan and ready to enjoy the last 3 weeks I have until
Med School Year (MS2) #2 starts.























No comments:
Post a Comment