Sunday, September 2, 2012

Orientation and Labor Day Weekend


My First week in Seattle was full of orientation. Getting to school by both car and bus, getting around school, finding my class room, the book store, the counselors, etc… and for the first time ever in my life, being in class of 220 all in one classroom. I met a ton of great people and am looking forward to MS2 (minus the crazy classes, the fact that the learning specialist said to consider the end of Sept- thru Thanksgiving as a non existent time, and the USMLE step 1 boards at the end of this dream hell year)! I might regret saying this, but Bring it On MS2!!!!

UW Med Center

Main Campus Red Square View of the fountain

My Hood

Greenlake again... I live here and walk around the lake!

Labor day weekend began on Friday and I headed back to the Kan! Friday evening Brandon took me out to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, and then we were so stuffed we vegged the rest of the evening… until I remembered that my car overheated again on the way here… which brings us to Ford Car take #4. Apparently the REAL reason my car was overheating was the fact that the cooling fan resistor shorted and wasn’t turning on. All fine and dandy minus the fact that they can’t get the part in until TUESDAY (my first day of school!)… After arranging a rental car and more, I headed out for one last weekend of 2012 Maxwell house time. Beautiful day for volleyball with the man. Today we had big plans that got ruined by this cold that seemed to overtake me…. Stupid flu shot this week at orientation is my best guess…. So movies and catching up on blogging and hw for me…. Tomorrow I return to Seattle for HW and the last night of sleep before MS2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment