Well after Orientation (which wasn't really orientating me to anything!!)... well I guess I should comment on that first... I did not learn where a bathroom was, a drinking fountain, my locker, the student lounge, etc... but i did meet all the support staff and their offices.... the prearranged "ice-breakers" were awful and I met more people at the less structured events including my morning bus ride, on which there are 7+ medical students in my class.... whatever... it was a waste of time but at least I oriented MYSELF to seattle, the bus, my house, and got my dogs oriented as well... lol!
SOOOOO after orientation and labor day weekend, I started class on Tuesday.... This quarter (which happens to look a lot like a semester to me [Sept - Dec...?]) includes Pathology, Pharmacology, intro to clinical medicine, clinical ethics, blocks of Urinary System, Respiratory system, cardiovascular system, hospital mornings, 1 elective (I chose visual thinking strategies - translation ART GALLERY viewing and art observation!! :D), and something else I am sure I am forgetting... lol... not to mention club meetings, sports opportunities, etc (if I EVER have any time..)... So far this week I experienced Pharm and Path and ICM, and they were overwhelming enough! This weekend was full of studying and really other than 2-3 hours dinner breaks, there was no other free time... :( hopefully I will figure out this schedule thing soon! Here's on to the next few weeks! Keep Calm and Carry On!
No comments:
Post a Comment