Now I am to Sunday... and after an inspirational morning at church and awesome homemade Indian food for lunch I should be doing homework..... but instead I am blogging... first, and then will get to the hw.
So now - the Guo-Henke Wedding!!!! YAY! SO. MUCH. FUN!!!!
(minus the part where I woke up at 3:15 to get the airport by 4am for my 5 am flight to Irvine)...
Well landed okay. Went to check in to the hotel where the wedding was/I was staying at, and they couldn't find my reservation. :$ After sorting that out, I headed up to hair and makeup.... this woman wasn't a stylist, she was a magician! The bridesmaids and mothers looked Aaaaaahhhhhh-MAZ-ing dahhhhling!
The BEAUTIFUL bride Grace
LOVED my hair and make up!
Lunch, fun with the photographers, and practicing the choreographed entries for the reception filled the rest of the time until 4pm, when we all lined up to get the show on the road! The wedding was beautiful and I was smiling so hard it started to hurt! Watching the mother of the groom tear up at the beauty of this event warmed my heart! Afterwards involved a happy hour of delicious wine :D - maybe too much wine. lol! And then all the sudden "Sexy and I know It" (LMFAO) was playing and Lance (best man) and I were dancing our booties on into the reception to our choreographed entrance. (My mom has proof of this... Video to come later lol!)
Reception was a blast! Here was the speech I gave:
Hello everyone. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Amy. And for those of you who do, I'm Sorry. Well, I've known Jacob for 18 years now and not much has changed from the game loving lego geek I grew up with. He has always been a computer genius.... and a know it all. But he's definitely more like family to me than just a childhood friend.
So I'd say it's safe to say I know Jacob pretty well. So when he called me asking my opinion where to take this girl named Grace out to and things he should do for her, I knew something was up. This all was confirmed when I met Grace and saw how the 2 interacted. They were smitten.
I must admit I never thought Jacob would ever get married. And I never thought anyone in the world could put Jacob in his place, but Grace sure does! So in the year I’ve known Grace, I’ve grown to love her as well. I can’t imagine a better match for Jacob. As long as she can handle Jacob's magic card obsession and he continues to say "yes dear" or "you're right, I was wrong," I foresee no issues in this beautiful union.
My greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years, your love for each other will deepen and grow. Congratulations you two, I think i speak for everyone when I say I love you both and wish you a lifetime of happily ever after! Cheers!
The night went on and I caught the bouquet.... as Grace broke the chandelier with her NFL winning throw. lol. Shards of glass in my arm and a bleeding bicep, BUT I caught it!!!
Here is how the night went down... :D
Best Man with my Grammy!
Bridesmaid Audrey and MOH- ME!!
Me with Groom's mom
My Momma n I
Groom's Dad and I
Groom Jacob (Yakob as I call him) and I
Felix and I
![]() |
| Dad and I |
![]() |
| Best Man Lance and MOH |
![]() |
| Groomsmen Matt and I |
| Chinese Wedding Double Happiness |
Thank you so much to the Guo-Henke Families for letting me be a part of this magical special day! I love you all!











No comments:
Post a Comment