Monday, August 15, 2011

The first "real" day of lecture

Class on Friday was just like my MBA - smooth sailing. Saturday river raft/team building was.... eventful (picture flying squirrels with water guns). Saturday night bar hopping was a blast. Med students know how to party, people. After dancing the night away, taking multiple shots, and finding a lost intoxicated comrade wandering Spokane, it's safe to say I will survive school :D. Sunday BBQ with upper classmates and profs proves that everyone survives (they even had beer!). But settling down into reality last night was a shock. While I knew 76 pages was going to take me a couple hours, I was ready for it. And then when you open page one and it lists about 75 MORE pages of SUGGESTED reading, I was ready to punch someone. I can handle 150 pages, if I know it's coming! Sheesh! Won't be surprised again. However, reviewed successfully and felt prepared for class. The only hindrance is my nightmare from last night: I dreamt I dissected too far and accidentally threw out important nerves, with my prof chasing me down the halls, telling me I failed the lab. Woke up today and reviewed some dissections.... Now off to actually try it.... Hopefully my cadaver is good to me! She will get to see me more than anyone else will! Will post after, if I'm feeling up to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment